Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bits and pieces

I had hoped to start off by posting book reviews but those will have to be put on hold for a bit. Instead, here is some random.


ARTLY THINGS

+ MUTO a wall-painted animation by BLU. An animation drawn solely on public walls. It has this fantastic surreal momentum. After watching it the first time around, I had to go back and rewatch it to see how exactly it was done. Brilliant.

+ THE KNIFE LIKE A PEN CARTOON. This is a cartoon done by Lala set to The Knife's "Like a Pen Cartoon." I've been following Lala's work on The Knife's "Like a Pen Cartoon." I've been following Lala's work on deviantart for a while now and was delighted to find that she had done an animation. Even in her drawings, there is this very specific, peculiar viscosity to her characters and it is even more apparent in this animation. (If the video is not quite your cup of tea, I'd still recommend her gallery. Her website is currently down, but it is definitely worth a gander or twelve.)


MEDIA THINGS:

+ Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog TEASER. I'd forgotten that Joss was doing this, what with Dollhouse dominating certain parts of the internet (and Buffy and Angel dominating others). But Neil Patrick Harris! And Nathan Fillion! Be still, my heart!


RANDOM:

+ one of the funniest things I’ve seen in a long time… - In the vernacular of our times, I lol-ed.

No comments: